Wednesday 22 July 2009

My Rig - Take 2

In the end what I said here was all buuuullssshiiiit and I ended up upgrading my rig. Ok I made peace with myself and justified with my partner the purchase with a reasonable excuse : it's my hobby!!! Well it worked and she didn't complain more than she usually does so happy days!

Let's start with the case.
I bought a full tower Coolermaster HAF 932: it is huge and I had to tailor my computer desk to have enough room for it; also to have a proper airflow from the top fan I had to remove the drawer.



It's a big sturdy monster but it is one of the best case out there and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!.

I've upgraded the ram, I'm running now 4GB (2x2GB) of OCZ Reaper



And now the best parts.
I've abandoned the sli configuration and went back to 1 GPU hence I decided to get a proper one: I got a good deal on a used Gainward Golden Sample GTX 260 1792 MB and it is worth every penny.




I had a Phenom X4 9850, not that I needed to upgrade it but what the hell they had 70 euro off on Pixmania for a Phenom II 940 and I upgraded my cpu as well.



And all cooled by an OCZ Vendetta 2.

This is what it looks like:




I'm frantically waiting for Windows 7 before upgrading the OS but I'm planning to go 64bit.

No comments: